TITLE: Gift Shop Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Gift Shop / Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sales & Marketing Director & Sales & Marketing Assistant Director
SUPERVISES: Gift Shop Employees
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE:
- 2 year experience in retail management.
- High School diploma required.
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Good internet skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to take a proactive approach to creative and cross-functional communication.
- Financial understanding of profit/loss statements.
- Previous experience with Visual One helpful.
1. Works closely with Purchasing Agent and vendors when order merchandise.
2. Manages inventory to increase sales through high selling volume merchandise.
3. Supervises personnel including recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
4. Oversees stock and visual merchandising; participates in the development and implementation of on-floor sales promotions.
5. Manage the Minnesota State Lottery.
6. Administers the Ticket Master system; works closely with Special Events Coordinator.
7. Oversees the Amphitheater Box Office prior to and during outdoor events and shows.
8. Is accountable for financial budget and expenses, maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, ticket sales, expense control and developing staff.
9. Assures the highest level of customer service.
10. Maintains a clean and orderly gift shop; attractive displays.
11. Works closely with all Marketing Managers, Sales & Marketing Director and Assistant Sales and Marketing Director to meet the overall marketing goals and provides support as needed.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
13. Regular attendance and punctuality necessary.
Presents oneself as a credit to Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel and encourages others to do so also.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
1. Employee supervision; ability to conduct meetings.
2. Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office software.
3. Good internet skills.
4. Merchandising/display building ability.
5. Team Player; maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and to use
good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
6. Public relation skills, professional appearance.
7. Self motivated, highly organized, ability to manage multiple projects.
1. Able to lift 20 lbs. or more.
2. Able to stand on feet for long periods.
3. Normal mobility throughout the facility.
4. Extensive walking.
5. Bending and stooping repeatedly
6. Oral communication.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).