DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
TITLE: IT Support Technician 1
REPORTS TO: Directly: Systems Administrator Indirectly: Director of IT
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of two-year Associates degree in computers required, along with two years’ experience supporting computer, server, and network hardware and software. Excellent knowledge of PC/server hardware, server and client operating systems and networking. Exceptional customer service skills.
1. Provide technical support on computer systems and software to end users.
2. Use the IT support request system to document, prioritize, update and track requests, projects, and upgrades.
3. Installs, configures, and maintains workstations and related peripheral equipment; applies OS and software upgrades.
4. Automated and manual patch management, including AV, AM, Windows Updates, third party applications.
5. Responsible for keeping assigned specialty applications current, including patches, updates, and major upgrades.
6. Diagnose and resolve basic to moderately complex technical issues and work closely with vendors to ensure continuity of service.
7. Run, install, and terminate voice and data network cabling.
8. Create and update technical documents and procedures, daily work reports.
9. Work closely with management and recommend changes in hardware and software to improve customer capabilities.
10. Maintain the hardware and software inventory database including peripherals and accessories.
11. Track equipment changes and prepare inventory and status reports.
12. Willingness to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
13. Be able to work on your own initiative.
14. Represent Jackpot Junction in a professional manner.
15. Be on-call for all periods as assigned by management.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Present oneself as a credit to Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel and encourage others to do so also. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with other technical personnel with management and less technical personnel.
2. Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems.
3. Exceptional customer service skills.
4. Excellent knowledge of computer and phone systems, networks and software.
5. Ability to work independently and as a team.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Ability to multitask and take initiative.
8. Respectful, honest and trustworthy.
1. Normal mobility throughout the property.
2. Able to pull networking cable throughout the property.
3. Able to work under stressful conditions. .
I will not offer, solicit or otherwise enter into any agreement or transaction for personal use or advancement with any vendor or potential vendor. I understand that there can be no conflict of interest between myself and vendors or potential vendors.
I fully understand the nature of the business and gaming information contained in the Information Systems and the necessity for confidentiality in handling that information. I also understand that all information contained in the Information Systems is the sole property of Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel and that disclosure of the information to customers or employees without consent of Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel Management is a breach of confidence. Breach of this confidence is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).